- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- Chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1 lb shrimp
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Sauté onion and 1 clove garlic until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the uncooked quinoa, chili powder, salt, and pepper and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, and cook until quinoa is done (15-20 minutes).
- Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Sauté shrimp with 1 clove garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper until cooked through.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbsp butter with the 2 cloves garlic.
- Layer shrimp on top of quinoa and drizzle with garlic butter sauce.
Microwave/Toaster oven, Sauté pan
Makes: 4 portions | Calories: 448 | Fat: 19g | Carbs: 45g | Protein: 37g